Bethlehem Baptist Church - 9/11/2011

Prior to today I had never been to a service at Betheleham Baptist in Hazel Green.  I make the specific reference to Hazel Green because we also have a Betheleham Baptist in Laceys' Spring. 

We were greeted by many different folks as we found our way to the main entrance--which was clearly marked I might add.  We chose to attend the 9:15 worship which was contemporary and very good.  I especially liked the song the praise team performed while the offering plate was being passed, "All My Tears".  A little something different here was that the worship leader was also the lead guitar player.  He did a great job!
We shook hands and were welcomed by many, including Pastor Lon.  Speaking of Pastor Lon, he and some other men have really helped us out in the past at Camp MACOBA, with mowing and some weedeating.  One time that I know of, he put on a pair of waders and got in the pond so he could get a better angle at trimming back some trees that had become overgrown. 

His message was a very evangelistic one and came out of the sixth chapter of Ephesians ... this man does not seem to lack passion! 
After the service we made our way to Barry and Myra's Sunday School class, where I met Steve Farrow coming out.  I really like Steve and he too has been up at the camp and we've also had lunch together.  He is also the one who recommended this particular class. The class was on the topic of marriage and family.  My guess is there were about 50 folks (generally couples) in the class with a pretty wide age span.  Both Barry and Myra did a great job and there seemed to be a good spirit residing there.  I look forward to another visit in the future! 

No comments:

Post a Comment